No Place Like Home

I've been traveling for the past week. I am definitely homesick and was longing to be in familiar surrroundings.

I'd forgotten how much I absolutely LOVE Atlanta. As the plane came closer to Atlanta, the pilot announced that we were 90 miles outside the city. I looked out the window and there was my love - my city, my home. Even from 90 miles away - I can feel the energy of the city. Even the sun was inviting me, calling me home. It seemed brighter and happier in the South.

Soon I could see downtown, Atlanta's skyline. I could see the houses lined up; all the trees and greenery; the infrastructure and expressways crossing over each other. I imagined the people driving around in their shiny cars going to some meeting to "make things happen," to dream with a business partner and friend; to close a deal; to encourage someone, to pray with someone. Yes, I see this in my city all the time. I feel regularly - people wanting more, dreaming and going for it.

Finally we landed it. As I stepped off the plane the Hotlanta heat and humidity hit me. I could feel my hair cry out in disappointment. But that's okay. I was home and even the humidity didn't put a damper on my excitement to be back in the city of dreams and energy.

My prayer is that all of you have a place like this. Life is so short. We should all love where we call home. If you don't, either make a move or make it a place of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment